after fresh install, I get "object or class does not support the set of events"

Mehr
3 Monate 4 Tage her #11 von goedertw
I just installed a fresh Helga on a fresh PC.
(first the Access Runtime 32-bit, then the full Helga-install)
I can start Helga, but when I try to open the "Persons"-screen, I get a popup saying "object or class does not support the set of events".
I also tried already to replace HelgaDat.mdb with the default one from HelgaDat_BEL.zip and with one that I'm using on another PC.
In both cases the issue stays the same.
Any hints?

Regards,
WimG.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Monate 2 Tage her #12 von goedertw
I tried several things, and the problem is fixed.
With my first (unsuccesful) installed I installed the 2024/01-version of Helga and I did NOT select the checkbox to install the Emit-software (because we only use SportIdent in the club).
In my final (succesful) attempt I used the 2023/08-version and I DID install both the Emit- and the SI-software.
I'm not sure which of the 2 changes solved my problem, but in the mean time I upgraded to 2024/01, to I guess it was the Emit-checkbox.
Hopefully this helps for other users: Always install both the Emit- and SI-software, even if you use only one of  both.

Mehr
3 Monate 1 Tag her #13 von Michael
Thank you, I confirm your conclusion.
It's actually what is written in the installation instructions of the Setup.exe..

Mehr
3 Monate 1 Tag her #14 von goedertw
Sorry, I should have read better... :-(
(I think you can classify this an RTFM-issue :-) )

Wenn Euch die Software gefällt, können Ihr Eure Wertschätzung mit einer kleinen Spende zeigen und uns so motivieren, noch mehr spannende Funktionen zu entwickeln. Danke schön!